Monday, May 28, 2007
a few of my favourite things
A few weeks back, there was a challenge going around to share some of our favourite things.
It has taken me some time to think long and hard about what are my favourite things, but here they are to share with you:
1. Family is my number one. So, here's to you the love of my lives: Steve, Kelly, Leah and Madison. I could eat Madison's cheeks, they are so delicious (the girls may not find that so acceptable though!).
We have a beautiful old home that is in the process of being lovingly restored. So there aren't too many beautiful things in it and the walls are still bare and lonely. But the transformation has begun and there are now a few pockets of the home which I really love.
2. Recently, Steve's grandmother gave us her piano. She is 99 and still going strong. She has just recently started living with Steve's parents and her house is being cleared up for tenants. We were the lucky ones who received her piano, which means so much to us. It is something that Steve has to remember her by, her grandchildren can learn to play on it, and I play it very frequently.
3. My darling husband who is good at pretty much everything has restored a kitchen buffet and a side table. The side table turned out to be blackwood and is now in our hallway. It has our wedding pics on it (including my favourite pics of our girls) with some flowers I was given last week. Now everytime I walk into the hallway I feel all warm and fuzzy.
4. Secondly, the buffet is still a work in progress and needs some company in our bare kitchen (like a dining suite!), but I just love the whole 'thrown together look' of the hutch. Steve recently gave it another coat of paint which has given it a little bit of shine. And I polished the brass handles. Good as new!
5. Lastly, I splurged a couple of weeks back and bought us new linen for the master bedroom. We have just inherited a lovely brass bed (that's still coming), but I love the colours of the bedspread and how much it goes with our room which has a bright yellow ceiling and white ceiling rose!