Friday, April 11, 2014

EAT: PINEAPPLE + ALMOND BREAKFAST COUSCOUS


SERVES 4 | PREP 5 MINS COOKING TIME | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE OPTION

Give me a breakfast like this every day, and I'm a happy girl. No plain cereal for me, thank you. I love it cooked, prepared, special. It's true, breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. It can make or break me (especially if I don't eat it). I'm the girl who eats breakfast because it's not only the most important meal of the day, but also because I just can't live without it.

But how good does this breakfast couscous look? Tastes pretty awesome, and is so quick and easy to prepare as well. (I'm thinking we might have breakfast for dinner soon, just so I can have this again.)

INGREDIENTS
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup couscous
1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 cup low fat yoghurt

METHOD
1 Bring pineapple juice to the boil in a small saucepan.
2 Turn off stove and place couscous over the boiling pineapple juice. Stir to combine.
3 Stand for five minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
4 Fold pineapple, apricots and almonds through couscous.

NOTE This can be made gluten free by replacing couscous with quinoa (cook according to quinoa directions). This can also be served with yoghurt and garnished with fresh mint. Add sultanas or cranberries if you so desire.

Bon appetit!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx