Wednesday, May 27, 2015

THE GROUNDS OF ALEXANDRIA.





Last weekend was a beautiful weekend in Sydney. I know this because I was there, enjoying a rare, lad-free weekend.

Apart from my annual school reunion dinner, was one other plan - to spend a morning with the most loveliest girls I know, my beautiful step-daughters. I was happy to do brunch at Darling Harbour (where I was staying), but they insisted on taking me somewhere amazing.

And they did.

The Grounds at Alexandria is simply breathtaking. Photogenic at every turn, I found it difficult to put my camera down. So many pretty places, so many delicious treats, so many good things to enjoy. It was truly a treat for every sense. I'd never been anywhere like it before. A place where you could take a pizza making class, grab a coffee or a fresh nutella donut, visit Kevin Bacon the pig, or sit with friends among the fairy lights and beautiful, green grounds. You could sample hand made marinated olives, gourmet burgers, or pick your own bouquet at the florist. Drink some home-made lemonade, eat a toffee apple, or even see bees making honey in ready-made jars. The treats were unlimited.

And then there was the food. Did someone say I should eat my way through The Grounds? Yes please! The hour and a half wait for brunch, turned into a lunch truly worth waiting for. Too many desserts to choose from, and a fabulous coffee bar.

Yes, this place is worth going to again. And I'm so glad my girls treated me with a visit there. I think I might need to find another excuse to visit Sydney again, just so we can pick up where we left off (dessert and afternoon drinks, anyone?).

If you wish to see more of The Grounds, go here.


Wearing: DRESS, Boom Shankar. SCARF, Katies. DENIM JACKET, Lee Cooper. BOOTS, Ivylee Copenhagen. BAG, Thrifted. EARRINGS, Port Fairy Markets, RING, Southbank Markets, SUNGLASSES, Collette Dinnigan.


Have you been to a place like The Grounds?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx