Sunday, February 12, 2012

FANCY PANTS [THE VALENTINE'S EDITION]


In keeping with St Valentine's tradition, I thought I would wear the Colour Of Hearts for this week's Fancy Pants. Excited by the vision, I then visited my wardrobe to discover that in order to wear bright reds and pinks, you actually need to own them.



On closer inspection of my wardrobe, I unearthed something I'd not noticed before. Turns out I live in khakis, jeans and black pants. And orange. Lots of orange.

Sigh.

And seeing I'm not buying anything new this year, it's going to have to be a visit or two to my local Op Shop for that splash of colour for days like these. Or I might just wait 11 more months...


This is going to have to suffice though. My usual autumn neutrals with a splash of red. Oh, and silver. The shoes and ring are silver.

And the red lippie to distract from tired eyes.

I know, I know. I'm just like every other woman in the world who doesn't get enough sleep. I think I say to my husband EVERY night, I'm going to bed early. Gosh, if I'd had a minute's sleep in exchange for that very comment, I would be very well rested. The Beauty Sleep would be had, and I'd have much less to complain about. (Not to mention less tired bits.)


But I digress... don't you just love this top? It's a loose knit top (and the photos don't do it justice). It's quite see-through, and so the top you wear underneath changes the whole look. Today, it's just white, but I love a bright (yep, you guessed it - orange) top to go underneath. Psychedelic!

The large weave, though, isn't exactly practical for a mother of two boys under five. They just love to put their velcro shoes onto it, or pull it with their plastic, sharp toys (an extra thank you my son's Transformers!). Luckily it bounces back with a simple re-thread from the inside and a wash. Voila! (Pretty and practical - so many reasons to love it, really!)


So, back to Valentine's Day... do you think it's a day for the Very Young? Or do you still 'do' Valetine's Day with dinner, chocolates and roses?

I confess that Hubby and I don't tend to make a fuss. (Besides, when do you need red roses, when you have so many bright red tomatoes in the garden just waiting to become tomato sauce, or pasta sauce, or tomato chutney?) Seems like our date on Valentine's Day will be in our kitchen cooking up a storm.

Are you a big celebrator of Valentine's Day? When was your last anonymous Valentine's Day card?

Thanks for stopping by.

Kymmie wears: KNIT, Witchery. SINGLET & LINEN PANTS, Giordano. SANDALS, Target. NECKLACE, Equip. RING, Diva.

a day in the life of us