Saturday, February 11, 2012

THIS SATURDAY I'M GRATEFUL FOR... VALENTINE'S DAY.


Now, don't think I'm getting all soppy marking a day that's hardly celebrated once you hit 25. But this year's valentine's celebrations are worth an honorable mention.

It was Food Club last night, and it had a celebratory twist. All in honor of St Valentine.

Like, heart shaped Quesada's...


 Dijon Tomato Tarts...


Strawberry, almond and spinach leaf salad...


Homemade chicken pie, and chicken thighs with pumpkin & tomato salad (not pictured).

Rosewater pannacotta with berries...


 Ginger kisses...


Chocolate caramel brownie hearts...


And the secret of the evening... this cake!


Rachael had us guessing what she had spent three and a half hours (in the early morning hours) making!


The photos don't do it justice - but it was a pink rainbow cake. And the darkest pink was at the top, to the light pink at the bottom. It was amazing!


The evening was just delightful. We ate far too much. And apart from the food, the company is always something I look forward to.

And that's why I'm grateful for Valentine's Day this year!


What are you grateful for?


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous evening was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a dinner party I would have loved to be at!!
    Yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my giddy aunt!
    Look at all that 'loving' attention to detail.
    You girls are onto a winner with this fabulous get-together and I'm sure they are evenings to remember.

    Bon apetit!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food club sounds amazing! It all looks and sounds so yummy - wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's the kind of Val's Day I can handle! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously I don't know what to say....it just all look freaking amazing, that I wish they invented screen lickability! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx