Sunday, April 15, 2012

FANCY PANTS [A NEW LOOK FOR AN OLD DRESS]


Hello, and what a gorgeous autumn day it is today! The sun is shining, and I keep thinking that this is my last chance at some sun. But then I was at the park on Friday, and I had a little tanning session (unintentionally). It was just such a beautiful day!




So... is this an awesome excuse to wear some a summer dress (and put your toddler in a tropical flowered shirt)?

I bought this dress from an op shop over a year ago, and I still love it. (Here's how it looked back then.) But I'm not sure how to make a dress look different. I must confess that separates make a better collection of outfits. But I love this dress, and have added some tan accessories to funk it up a little.

And this gorgeous necklace which was given to me by one of my oldest and dearest friends. It even tinkles when I walk, it's so pretty ;) And some chunky wedges (of course!)


The best accessory being the toddler on my left. He just wanted to get into the action today!

Do you change your accessories to get a new look on a dress? Do you have fabulous accessories that also double up as adorable toddlers?

Join in: Remember to follow this blog, and link up! Of course, you are more than welcome to add the lovely button below to your post too and visit other Fancy Pants wearers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Kymmie wears: DRESS, Thrifted ($10). BELT, Gift (thanks Mum!). NECKLACE, Gift (thanks Sylvie!). WEDGES, Tony Bianco. Noah wears: SHIRT, Gift from Fiji (thanks Nanny & Grandad!). SKINNY JEANS, Pumpkin Patch. DESERT BOOTS, Walnut Melbourne.

a day in the life of us

10 comments:

  1. You sure know how to create the new my friend.
    If given the choice I'd go with the original set as I'm a sucker for green and crisp white [love those shoes btw] but this is a terrific twist for Autumn....plus who could go past that sparkling 'accessory' in red?

    Happy weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to pose with my dogs and I think their cuteness makes me look better :). Gorgeous dress - you guys look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accessories that double as cute toddlers are the best aren't they?!

    I love that dress, I loved it last year when you showed it off and I love the tan accessory twist you put on it today. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little man and that lovely green dress are like a breath of Autumn air. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are SOOO photogenic :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww LOVE your little toddler accessory, you two make a stunning pair! I really like this dress Kymmie, I have a few similar, the cut is very flattering I find. Also I adore the green, looks great on your freshly tanned skin. The necklace is gorgeous... and I also enjoy a chunky jewellery that tinkles when I walk, awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look sensational - gorgeous green print, and teamed with that belt and necklace - fabulous!
    Gorgeous little guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agnes, I dare say so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been accused of dressing my husband & son alike, ooppss. They are too cute!! Dimples & all.
    Loving the hint of icey minty aqua on your ensemble, a little like what Jennifer Hawkins was wearing last night at the Logies, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx