Monday, June 07, 2010

NOBODY'S LIFE IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

"Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” – Marquis de Condorcet



If we're all honest with ourselves, at some stage in our lives there is someone or a group of someones who we look up to or admire. We wish we had their home, their friends, their clothes or their money. Perhaps even their lives.

When I was younger I wished to be more like A, or act more like B, perhaps look like C. A few weeks ago, I listened to someone's struggle with this very issue and their lack of peace with their life.

And as I was driving this morning to a new playgroup, I thought about the conversation again. How I wished there was more money to go around, how I wished we could finish our renovations, or even have a CD player in my car.

And when I looked in my rear vision mirror at my two boys smiling back at me in their little bear beanies, it was then that I realised that I have everything I could possibly want.

And that is a wonderful place to be.

Do you wish for somebody else's life? Or are you completely satisfied with your own?