Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DRINK: HOMEMADE LEMONADE


SERVES 6 | PREP 5 MINS| VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE

So, with the weather topping 38 degrees (celcius for my American friends), my sweet friend Brenda and I thought it would be a great idea to have a picnic at a gorgeous park.

The best park I've ever been to, in fact. It has a flying fox, merry go round, maze, bridge with music notes that you can play by stepping on them, a sandpit, cool slides... seriously, the best park. Ever.


And what best to take on a picnic than fresh, icy home-made lemonade. So easy, so simple and so yummy!

INGREDIENTS
2 thick skinned lemons, quartered
100g icing sugar (I used brown sugar as I had no icing sugar in the house!)
1 litre/4 cups icy cold water

METHOD
1 Place icing sugar and lemons in a blender and chop until the lemon resembles chunky pieces.
2 Add half the water and pulse 5 times.
3 Add remaining water and pulse another 5 times.
4 Pour the lemonade through a strainer directly into glasses filled with ice. Serve immediately.

What I love about this lemonade is that it's tart, not too sweet. And really, really lemony.


And perfect for this summer heatwave, don't you think?

Enjoy!