Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DRINK: HOMEMADE LEMONADE


SERVES 6 | PREP 5 MINS| VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE

So, with the weather topping 38 degrees (celcius for my American friends), my sweet friend Brenda and I thought it would be a great idea to have a picnic at a gorgeous park.

The best park I've ever been to, in fact. It has a flying fox, merry go round, maze, bridge with music notes that you can play by stepping on them, a sandpit, cool slides... seriously, the best park. Ever.


And what best to take on a picnic than fresh, icy home-made lemonade. So easy, so simple and so yummy!

INGREDIENTS
2 thick skinned lemons, quartered
100g icing sugar (I used brown sugar as I had no icing sugar in the house!)
1 litre/4 cups icy cold water

METHOD
1 Place icing sugar and lemons in a blender and chop until the lemon resembles chunky pieces.
2 Add half the water and pulse 5 times.
3 Add remaining water and pulse another 5 times.
4 Pour the lemonade through a strainer directly into glasses filled with ice. Serve immediately.

What I love about this lemonade is that it's tart, not too sweet. And really, really lemony.


And perfect for this summer heatwave, don't you think?

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. seriously, this was the best lemonade ever!!! And you are right, not too sweet, real lemony and oh so tart! Perfect for the picnic in the park!

    Thanks for the recipe....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar or no sugar, I love lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh very nice. Will have to try this. Got lemons coming out my ears!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx