How are you going this school holidays? Surviving? Loving the change of pace?
Me? I love the holidays, and plod between being really organised to winging it day by day. Oh, but how I do like the idea of being organised. It ensures that there's an outing each morning, and then the afternoons become a quiet and relaxing time for the kids to unwind while I get some office work done from home. Win-win.
After being away on long service leave for so long, I was keen to catch up with friends we hadn't seen in months. So, it meant that something was planned most days. On the budget, of course. I'm a big fan of free events, and wonderful playgrounds with the odd cheap treat thrown in for good measure.
This school holidays (between visits to Grandma and Grandpa on the days I work in the office), we have/had the following festivities planned:
- Tusselaar Tulip Festival (see pictures from this day here) $20 each for adults, children are free.
- Wombat Bend @ Finns Reserve (pictures above are from this very day) Free!
- Lego Brickzone at Eastland Shopping Centre Free! (Thanks Mandy for letting us know about this one!)
- Visiting Port Fairy
- Having a play at the playground, and then a hot chocolate with the kids @ Wyreena Community Arts Centre
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
- Cooking with the kids at home - Free!
- Spending an hour each day in the garden; garden bed, by garden bed - Free (and good for the soul!)
How do you 'do' the holidays? Do you make big plans, or take it as it comes? What do you have planned?