Thursday, October 27, 2011

NEVER SAY NEVER. SWALLOWING YOUR WORDS.


You don't mean to, but before your baby bump is swelling and you're still in the blissful state of nausea and fatigue, you make promises of how motherhood is going to be for you.

For me, I was never going to lose my cool, never raise my voice, always be considerate of my child's feelings, be patient and kind, and keep the house perfect.

Dreams, really.

Then there are other things you say you'll never do, then find yourself doing them. And saying things like, "I'm never going to put those ugly Crocs on my children's feet. Ever!"

But when the imitations look as good as the real thing and you find them for just $1.99 at Aldi, you might think that they're a good idea.

Besides, they're so easy to put on after years of doing up slippery shoelaces and sandle buckles. And they're light, waterproof, easier to walk in than thongs, and the lads love them.

What can I say?

(Okay then, I might actually learn to like them. )


Have you tried something new this week? It might be as major as eating your words, or as small as changing the route on your morning walk.

Why don't you join in? All you have to do is follow me, add your Try Something New post below and add a link back to me in your post. You can also include the lovely button (below). Then pop over to visit other bloggers who have done something new this week.


a day in the life of us