Wednesday, June 20, 2012

EAT: VANILLA, COCONUT, BANANA + CHAI SMOOTHIE


SERVES 2 | PREP 5 MINS | MIX 2 MINS | VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE

If you know me, and my love for soy chai lattes, you know that I would love anything chai flavoured. In fact, there are a whole range of yummy new recipes out there that are chai flavoured, like a choc chai slice (instead of the classic choc caramel slice), and smoothie ideas like this.

Hmmm, do you think I could make a batch of this and turn it into chai icecream? Hmmm, I might!


INGREDIENTS
1 frozen banana
1 cup milk of choice (I used 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup light coconut milk)
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
A tiny dash of nutmeg, cardamom and ground cloves
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp honey (optional)
Cinnamon sugar on top

METHOD
1 Hello, this baby isn't hard. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2 Drink and drool.

So good!