I can't help it. I have a pile of books by my bed that starts on the floor and goes as high as my mattress. Well, if it was in one pile, it would reach my mattress. But because a pile that high doesn't actually stay balanced, it's three smaller piles.
And here's why I have so many books:
- I'm addicted to Amazon online and bookshops.
- I've rediscovered my love affair with the public library.
- I'm always in the mood to read something different.
- I like to have options.
- I love to cook: that means lots of cookbooks.
- People know I'm a sucker for a good book: so, I'm loaned many.
- I'm nosey: I can't help but browse friends bookshelves. And no sooner than I've snooped, I'm asking for that book.
- Because I have to read it now.
- Or I might forget about that book.
- And I don't want to miss out on anything.