Friday, May 27, 2011

this saturday i'm grateful for... time to re-group


Due to a dodgy wireless connection and a few other things, I've had a chance to prioritise in the past two weeks what are the most important things in my life. Surprisingly, my family and some well needed sleep were high on the list. But I do confess I'm glad that the DSL light is not blinking red as often as it did, because I sure did miss this blogging thing.

As a result, this week I'm especially grateful for...
  1. My birthday boys. This week my boys turned 2 and 5 respectively. Yes, only two days (and three years) apart. It's a big birthday week here at our place. Plus, it wouldn't be a surprise to hear that I can't believe how quickly the time has flown, and that these big lads have replaced my babies. Although I'm finding the two year old a challenge right now, I'm sure that with more sleep I can keep abreast with his (mis)adventures.
  2. Paying it forward. While I'm still pondering on the best sort of gift I can send via snail mail, this week I received my first PIF package. We all know how exciting it is to get a parcel at the front door, so I was doubley delighted to find two little beanies (pictured above) for my lads, and a loop scarf for me. Thank you so much Tammie @ Little Poppa for your home made love, and adorable gifts... and for Paying It Forward faster than me!
  3. Time to re-group. I'm not going to lie to you, it's been a long and hard two weeks. I've withdrawn from blogging and a whole bunch of social stuff. I've even canned producing and filming of a kids program in July which has lifted the load. Seems I'm a tired and needed to re-group and re-prioritise. It's been good for the soul. And my sanity.
What are you grateful for today?