Thursday, May 05, 2011

LOOK WHAT THE EASTER BUNNY GAVE ME.


The Easter Bunny kicked my butt this last holidays. I ate what I liked, and then some more.

And now I am bitter.

Bitter at myself for letting my jeans get too tight (again), angry that I now have more of a muffin top than ever before, and tired of the ridiculous amounts of chocolate staring at me on the kitchen buffet whenever I go in there.

Now it's time to kick the Easter Bunny's butt. Because yesterday I joined the gym.

If I'm really honest, I can't only blame the Easter Bunny. My food quantities have gotten bigger again, and I'm wolfing down my food whilst juggling the little lads at dinner time instead of enjoying those small bites. Also, I've been baking (damn those delicious ANZAC biscuits) and we've had lots of guests. That always makes meals so much more special, not to mention social.

There's also the fact that in less than two months' time I will be filmed jumping about and singing "Play School" style, plus reliving my hosting spot for "My Story, His Story" (more about that here). And if you've heard that saying, "the camera adds ten pounds", you can be sure it is absolutely 100% true.

So, off to the gym to remember how good it feels to...
  • do something just for me
  • get my heart rate up, and release those happy hormones
  • be toned and not wiggle when I walk
  • be coordinated enough for a step, circuit or even zumba class (and have a giggle along the way)
  • have my clothes fit properly
  • be a bit leaner (especially around the middle)
  • have more energy
Because if I dont' think of these things, this membership may be a huge waste of money. So, staying focused at this end and remembering the benefits of my investment...

How about you? Are you staying focused on something in particular?

Why don't you join in? All you have to do is follow me, add your Try Something New post below and add a link back to me in your post. You can also include the lovely button (below)Then pop over to visit other bloggers who have done something new this week.

a day in the life of us