Thursday, September 30, 2010

z is for zealots

Zealots: Avoid parenting zealots at all costs, particularly those who sound crazy. They probably are.


These lovely people aren't zealots. They are three of our four children. Whom I adore.

Of course, this lovely offspring does not make me a zealot either.

Nooooo.

I would never be like a protective bear should anyone try to attack my children verbally or physically. I would never jump in to hide or protect them from anything that might harm or scare them. I would never become a drama queen should anything upset them. I would never fuss if one of them was sick. I would never be out of control if they weren't treated fairly.

I'd do anything for my children.

Whatever it took for them to be safe, healthy and happy. And if that makes me a zealot, then I'm guilty as charged.

And, although I'm probably exaggerating the cause of the letter Z (kinda, sorta, not really), perhaps I should save the judgement of zealots for somebody else.

Are you a zealot? Do you avoid parenting zealots? Have you become a sort of zealot since you became a parent?

The A-Z of Parenting Tips were inspired by this article in the Courier Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx