Saturday, November 27, 2010

FANCY PANTS [GEARING UP FOR XMAS]


My professional photographer (AKA hubby) is on a work trip this weekend, so I decided to be resourceful and pull out the ironing board.

To iron? Hell no.

As it so happens, it makes the best tripod. (I'm hoping my neighbours don't ask what I'm doing with the ironing board on the front verandah). And yes, I have to hold my boys' hands. Three seconds is a long time not to run around. Didn't they do great?)

We spent most of the day at Russ and Daniella's place - today their boys were dedicated (kind of like a christening, without the water). It was such a beautiful morning with gorgeous friends, and lots of yummy food. The boys all played together, and by the time we got home we goofed around putting baubles on the Christmas tree, and then taking them off, then putting them on... the boys had so much fun. Also, I was inspired to update my blog header with a Christmas theme as I love Christmas that much.

Watch this space!

And remember to join in with your Fancy Pants with or without kids. The linky is open all week.

 

Grab my button:


a day in the life of us



And my American inspiration is:

Madison wears: SHIRT, from Fiji (gift - thanks Dad & Ria!). CARGO PANTS, Milkshake. Noah wears: SHIRT, Peter Rabbit (pre-loved by Jacob). SHORTS, Sprout (pre-loved by Jacob). CHRISTMAS HATS, The $2 Shop. Mummy wears: TOP, Witchery. PANTS, Portmans. WEDGES, Witchery. EARRINGS, Target (on sale $5!). BANGLE, Op Shop. SCARF, for twentyone.
Fancy Pants is the way I record my boys and their cute little outfits.
Goodness knows, they'll grow out of these clothes before they're worn out!
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo Kym! Love the ironing board idea! LOL! You just have to be resourseful at times. Also love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm stealing the ironing board trick! Beautiful photo of you and your boys. If you're still doing Fancy Pants in I don't know, a trillion years when I finally decide I'm ready to have children, I will definitely join in!

    And- thanks for visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx