Thursday, November 04, 2010

EAT: MRS FORMENTI'S BANANA CAKE


SERVES 8-12 | PREP 10 MINS | COOKING 35 MINS | VEGETARIAN

Since I was 15 years old, I have been in love with this cake. And I've been hooked ever since. It always works, is always moist, always tastes delicious, and always gets finished too quickly. Plus, I think of Mrs Formenti every time I make it.
INGREDIENTS
4 oz butter
4 oz sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 bananas, ripe, chopped
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda, dissolved in milk
7 oz self raising flour

Icing
8 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp margarine
dash of hot water
shredded coconut or chopped walnuts to top it off (whatever floats your boat)

METHOD
1 Cream butter and sugar together with beater.
2 Add other ingredients.
3 When creamy, place in greased ring dish and bake in 180 degrees celcius oven for 35-45 minutes.
4 Prepare icing and spread over cake when cooled. Sprinkle with coconut or walnuts.

Remember, pace yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Kym I will let Mum know about this. she will be tickled. Lvoe to you all and keep on enjoying banana cake. Izak has just made a banana, blueberry and raspberry loaf. Baking as I write. Yummyy!!! Love Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle, how was the loaf. Sounds delicious! Maybe I ought to have that recipe too so I can think of you while baking :-)

    Being Me, let me know how it goes!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx