Saturday, November 20, 2010

this saturday i'm grateful for... a day of rest


Saturdays are the days where our household comes to a grinding halt. (Except sleeping and eating, perhaps). And because it's the last day of the week, I often reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. A day of rest. It's now a fact: we live longer if we take a break one day a week to stop and spend time with our family, friends and maker. Saturdays are my favourite day of the week. I don't work, I switch off from everything else that I think about all week and spend time with those I love. I highly recommend it.
  2. Having just two kids under four. Yesterday I had six kids under four. It was mad, it was fun, it was totally out of control. I just loved it. But I confess that I kind of like just two most other days. It seems manageable to me. And for those of you who have more than two little kids - my hat goes off to you!
  3. Lovely bloggers. Who would I be writing for if it wasn't for you lovely people? Today I was reading one of my favourite blogs, and there as one of her gratefuls was her discovery of some lovely new blogs - mine included. Thank you Brenda @ Mira Narnie.
  4. Christmas Giggles. I do Elf Yourself every year, but it still makes me laugh out loud. My little guys watch it over and over again, and my eldest son wants to know where our elf outfits are so he can go and put them on.


This Saturday I'm Grateful For... is inspired by Maxabella Loves... Join in. Maxabella would want me to invite you. It's good for the soul to be grateful.


8 comments:

  1. Elf yourself always cracks me up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day of rest - what a great idea...I had one of those a couple of weeks back and it was such a treat! have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elf Yourself was hilarious, I'm going to make one tonight. A day of rest, wow. It's one of those things that you know you should but wouldn't. I should start that commitment. Thanks for sharing K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart Elf Yourself. It certainly gets me in the Christmas mood. Christmas tree putting up next week!

    As for a day of rest: do it. you'll be amazed that stopping for one day actually makes the rest of the week better, not busier. It's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love "go Elf Yourself" too! It just makes me chortle every time. I also love Brenda - a kind and generous blogger friend. And I really love that little table you've got there for the six under four... it is fantastic with all those little compartments.

    Happy week to you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That table is a Tupperware server! Multipurpose and fantastic. Can I tell you that it was refilled and emptied twice that afternoon? Six kids would eat me out of house and home... and my boys already do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful list of things to be grateful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh cool its elf yourself time of year again! so funny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx