Saturday, November 27, 2010

this saturday i'm grateful for... stopping after the madness


Saturdays are the days where our household comes to a grinding halt. (Except sleeping and eating, perhaps). And because it's our day of rest, there's time to reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. A super busy week. If it was possible, I fit more in my usual day most of this week. End of year meetings, working a full-time load, deadlines looming around my ears and entertaining 13 of my favourite work colleagues from around Australia for dinner (did I mention that they're awesome?) and then popping off to my first kinder information night. There were lots of early mornings, late nights and not much sleep in between. Although I spend most of my days running on adrenalin, I was kind of wasted by the time this week was over.
  2. Great friends cleverly disguised as awesome babysitters. If you've been reading this blog longer than today, you may have already worked out that I struggle to ask for help. But I've been working on this and asked two friends to look after my boys this week. It's been getting easier to ask, but now I know from firsthand experience how much fun my boys had. Mummy is now third in line for good times after Dannii and Ella. A big heartfelt thank you. You guys are awesome!
  3. Lights fantastic. So after the madness, I slowed down the pace by taking my little lads to the local outdoor pool and put up the Christmas tree. Every night since, I've been stopping by my formal lounge after the jobs are all done, sipping my herbal cuppa while staring at those pretty tree lights. It's hypnotic. Not only that, it's so relaxing. And beautiful.
Happy Grateful Day.

This Saturday I'm Grateful For... is inspired by Maxabella Loves... Join in. Maxabella would want me to invite you. It's good for the soul to be grateful.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have asked for some help... bet it was easier than you thought? And just look at the benefits!!

    Our tree goes up tomorrow. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Babysiters = Bliss!
    we put up our tree today!
    have a fab weekend hun
    xO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely things to be grateful for!

    Gorgeous blog you have here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice gratefuls - I struggle asking for help too :-S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a happy new follower and look forward to catching up on all of your posts :) hope you can stop bye sometime and visit me! http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    Kate
    Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slowing down - not sure if it will happen before Jan1st 2011 - but here's hoping !

    Now if I could just remember where we put the Christmas tree......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx