How I love summer. Let me count thy ways:
- Making icy poles. Made from lemonade, orange juice or yoghurt. Whatever, is in the fridge. And it seems I've been refilling those babies every day or so.
- Crunchy big salads. Fresh from the garden. Nothing like eating a warm sweet tomato straight from the vine.
- Boys with no shirts on. Just like Dad.
- Baking muffins. Chocolate chip ones. Big ones and small.
- ANZAC biscuits. Because it was Australia day last week.
- Cold drinks with clinky ice. Because doesn't it sound so fabulous?
- Sitting out in the backyard. Watching the lads playing in their new cubby house. Playing shops. And making big mountains in their sandpit.
- Listening to the sound of summer. The birds squawking. The cicadas buzzing. The trees blowing in the warm breeze.
- Hubby singing and playing his guitar. Outside of course.
- Going out in the boat. Need I say more?
What do you love about summer?