Friday, February 11, 2011

this saturday i'm grateful for... home-made lemonade


We're into the swing of things at a day in the life of us. Hello routine, we're back. And it's so nice. (Can you tell I love routine?) While kinder is really tiring out my nearly five year old, my almost two year old is getting some one-on-one time and loving this newly found attention.

The week has come to an end and thanks to the insightful Maxabella Loves... I can reflect and remember to be thankful for:
  1. Bright beads from Morocco. Right now I'm wearing a bright and colourful collection of gorgeous beads from my step-daughter Kelly. They're so pretty, and they go with everything. Even my little lads want to wear them.
  2. Home-made lemonade. We had lemons, castor sugar and an eager pre-schooler. If Play School can make it, so can we. And we did. And that's what we drank all day on Thursday. With clinky ice (my favourite).
  3. Charming little towns. There's nothing like going for a drive to spend a few hours admiring a place full of Australian history, toying with the idea of purchasing an affordable old ruin for a wild business idea (which might actually work), perusing its lolly store, locally made ice-cream and delightful homeware stores. I bought some adorable things (see picture above) and finished the afternoon off with the most amazing ginger ice cream. The end to a perfect day.
What are you thankful for?

 

If you love to see the best of the best blogs out 'there', I highly recommend you visit Life In A Pink Fibro Weekend Rewind too...