Thursday, February 17, 2011

THE TIME I STOPPED BUYING FRUIT + VEGIES.


Our veggie garden is cool. In fact it's so cool, this week I didn't need to buy any fruit or vegetables. And my goal was to make sure that I only cooked with seasonal produce from our garden.

Good organic stuff and every meal included our fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, potatoes, carrots, zucchinis, spinach, beetroot and then fruit from the first fruits of our trees: plums and nectarines.

I confess it's been hard to stay creative within the realms of our garden, but now that I've done a week and a half of using just fresh garden produce, I'm encouraged. And thanks to our overloaded fruit trees, there will be tomato chutney and jam made sometime next week.


What did you get up to this week? Did you try something new? Last week Tat asked for help and Vanessa learnt how to link up here for the first time. Hopefully, you can join us with what you've tried/learnt/done this week.
a day in the life of us