My friend Rachael is the quite the professional op-shop buyer. Just about all of her clothes are purchased for $2 or $5. She has a knack for putting it all together, and always looks fabulous. In fact I think she ought to start a 'Rachael Wears...' blog showcasing all her outfits. Because seriously, she is that amazing.
At one of her op-shop sessions she found the book by Trinny & Susannah called Who do you want to be today? Rachael thought that I might like to borrow it for a while.
I'm so glad she did, because it explains why I'm so interested in looking different every day. Why I love to look conservative some days, wild child on others, and glam on special occasions.
The book shows how to work all sorts of looks including:
- Bombshell (think Marilyn Munroe, Brigitte Bardot and Scarlett Johanson)
- Gamine (think Twiggy, Audrey Tatou and Audrey Hepburn)
- Cutting Edge Cool (think Gwen Stafani and Agyness Deyn)
- Androgyne (think Annie Lennox, Katharine Hepburn and Cate Blanchett)
- Ice Queen (think Grace Kelly, Nicole Kidman and Bree from Desperate Housewives)
- Avante-Garde Eccentric (think Bjork)
- Diva (think the late Elizabeth Taylor - RIP, Rita Hayworth and Dita von Teese)
- Sophisticate (think Meryl Streep in A Devil Wears Prada)
- Rock Chick (think Debby Harry, Chrissie Hynde and Marianne Faithful)
- Minimalist (think Anjelica Houston, Tilda Swinton and Yoko Ono)
- High Maintenance (think Paris Hilton, Ivana Trump, Eva Longoria, Victoria Beckham)
- Boho (think Kate Moss, Sienna Miller and Mary-Kate Olsen)
And I think every one of us could work at least three of these looks. (Body-shaped dependant, that is.)
Which brings me to my outfit today. The dress? A $10 find in an op-shop I was passing by. And add the whole outfit together - as Rachael would do - and it comes to a grand total of $39!
So... how about this look? Does it represent ice queen, high maintenance, bombshell or sophisticate?
And a sneak peek at what goes on behind the scenes of this 'fashion shoot' (the mad dash to pose before the camera goes off...) Whoops!
How about you? Do you like to be someone different every day? Or do you have one look that you stick to?
Why not become one of my beautiful followers, linky up your Fancy Pants post below and add a link back to me in your post. You can also include the lovely button. Then pop over to visit other bloggers who are dressing up this week. As for me, I can't wait to see what you've put together (and what excuse you had to dress up).
Kymmie wears: DRESS, Aero (found at an op-shop for $10). WEDGES, Roc (on sale). EARRINGS, Target (on sale $4). CUFF, gift from my sister. BEADS, United Against Malaria Fundraiser (did you know that up last year Malaria killed more people in the world than anything else? $5 to donate). NAIL POLISH, Revlon Black Berry.