Sunday, April 17, 2011

fancy pants


There is a time in one's life when you can actually be full up with social appointments. And for this extrovert, I think this tank might actually be full to overflowing.

I visited my home town Adelaide for my cousin's 40th. (Seems that number is going to come up a few more times this year.) And the joy of staying with family is that I get to go out more often than I would normally. On second thoughts, I just get to go out.

And what's better than spending time with those who I love so much?


So, this is what I wore to my cousin's 40th. This dress has actually been featured in Fancy Pants before (here). One of the things I love about this dress is that the whole look changes with just with a few different accessories. This time I went for a bit of a safari look, dressing down the dress with tans and silver.

And the joy of jersey? I could eat what I wanted, danced and still was comfortable all night. I love this dress.


Also, just on Friday I was visiting one of my favourite bloggers, Sarah @ Ah, the possibilities. And she posted this fabulous post called supermodel tips for mortals. As well as being honest and entertaining, Sarah shared some cool tips for us non-models (even with pictures!). And I took some notes for Fancy Pants. For Sarah's tips visit her here.


And here's a glimpse of the fun we had last night. The birthday girl Kate (right) and one of my other favourite cousins Holly (left). 

Do you love to change the look of a simple piece with different accessories? Do you find that you crave social outings, or do you find that one big 'do' every now and then is enough?

Why not become a beautiful follower, linky up your Fancy Pants post below and add a link back to me in your post. You can also include the lovely buttonThen pop over to visit other bloggers who are dressing up this week. As for me, I can't wait to see what you've put together (and what excuse you had to dress up).
 

Oh, and did I mention that you can now vote for me in the People's Choice?
 
Mummy wears: DRESS/TOP, Ishka (yes, the hippy shop). BELT, loaned from my mum (and she can't remember where she bought it). WEDGES, Tony Bianco. HOOP EARRINGS, Target ($3!). CUFF, Diva. NAIL POLISH, Revlon Black Berry.


a day in the life of us