Monday, September 19, 2011

5 DAYS 5 WAYS [THE MAXI DRESS]


So, do I look untouchable in this, or just unfriendly? Probably the latter. I was in a hurry to take these pictures, and the angles are all wrong!

Anyhow, you get the drift (plus you know I'm a nice person, right?).

Besides, the tribal accessories rock! My favourite combo...




And bed hair. Third day without a wash. It does exactly what I tell it to by then!


Lots of chunky wrist accessories...


And a choker I just love!

It feels wrong to be in my suburban back yard in this getup. I'd rather be patting lions on an African Safari.

Speaking of Africa, the black and white bangle is from there (I even think the white panels are made from ivory). A gift from my very first boyfriend's brother while he was on his African adventures, a very loooong time ago. In fact, it was my very first bangle. I love that it has a story to tell after all these years. And it reminds me of a time I spent with the most awesome family.


Do you have a thing for safari type accessories? Have you ever been to Africa? Do you remember your first piece of jewellery?

Thanks for stopping by!

Kymmie wears: MAXI DRESS, JayJays. SHOES, Colarado. CHOKER, Subiaco Markets. BANGLES, (on right wrist), Equip, Diva Just Jeans Gift from Africa (thanks Brett!), Kuranda Markets.

17 comments:

  1. That is serious attitude!!! You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 days without washing my hair, there would be enough grease to start up a fish and chips shop. I MUST wash every morning. Even if I shower the night before, just laying on my hair all night will make it greasy the next morning. Curse you scalp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning post! The picture looks great and the necklace looks marvelous. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtig post! The pics are very cute, i am totally flat for this awesome pics. Seriously you look awesome!



    Sample forms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the choker. I'm envious of you being able to wear safari-styled items because I'm whiter than a fluoro tube so it never looks right on me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Kath on wearing the safari look. Must be a blonde thing. You look great as always, did you go somewhere special or do housework in this great outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking hot...my love you know how to rock a maxie dress xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying the Maxie 5 ways (well, 2 ways so far!). I would look like an enormous, flabby elephant in that slinky dress. Now that's tribal! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! Adorable. Love the safari feel, that look is everywhere at the moment. Very timely. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for a maxi dress and would kill for three day old perfect hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to rock a maxi this way. If I wore one, I'd look like some malnourished child with my thin arms and a protruding belly. Enjoying your fashion posts, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you gorgeous thing! I wasn't thinking tribal really, just supermodel glam :o)
    WOW! Love that your hair looks like you've just had it styled after 3 days of no washing, sheesh you're a lucky gal. I do agree though, that hair is more manageable if it's not slippery clean and shiny. Loving the 5 ways challenge yet again :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOLY COW!!! YOUR the one who's smokin'!!! sheesh. looking darn good girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you love when your hair does as it should? :)
    I'm afraid I don't look half as great in a maxi...you are rocking it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. rooooaaaar! You go tiger! Looking hot there in you african safari outfit....love the shoes and those bangles are divine (and what a cute story!). I've still kept a ring my first bf gave me in high school ;-))

    b xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one I love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the advantages of having your own business is the variety of tax-deductible items available
    for the self-employed. If you don't want people in your home or are concerned about liability issues, then teach classes online. Your passion may not translate directly from love to business -- just because you think it's the best thing in the world, doesn't mean someone will pay you for it.

    my page - home business advertising center

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx