Friday, September 16, 2011

THIS SATURDAY I'M GRATEFUL FOR... SCHOOL CHOICES


So, if you ever wondered what it was like to be in my head, this week you might have wanted to get out. Pronto.

You see, I'm a big researcher. And when it comes to those important decisions, I just can't seem to make up my mind.

And the latest of [in]decisions? It's schools. The choice. The pondering. The prospectuses. The application forms.

Yet all this indecision has me grateful. Can you believe it? (Something good had to come out of it, I guess...)

So this week, I'm grateful for:
  1. Options. How is it that I have at least six schools to choose from? And all within close proximity to our house? Private and public.
  2. Good reputation. When deciding which school to send my son, I've been looking at their reputation. (And would you believe it, they're all good?)
  3. Uniforms. The past few weeks my five year old son has been obsessed (yes, obsessed) with what he wears to kinder. It has to be skinny jeans, baseball cap (on backwards, of course), and a cool top. (Criteria? A top with a picture or writing on it.) He even has new sneakers which he hardly takes off. The minute he is at kinder he is comparing notes with his little boy friends ("Do you think this top is cool? Yeah, your top is cool!" I do not lie). He refuses to wear his kinder shirt (not compulsory) and have his hair any shorter than shoulder length. If I can find one good thing about my boy starting school next year, it's that he won't be too cool for school. He will look like everyone else - in school uniform. I'm sure the lack of school uniforms in America is connected to their First Amendment, but I really like the compulsory school uniform thing we have here in Australia. Really. I do.
What are you grateful for this week?

This week the insanely adorable Brenda from Mira Narnie is hosting Maxabella's gratefuls. So head on over and join in this wonderful positive tradition.


Happy grateful day!