Thursday, September 22, 2011

5 DAYS 5 WAYS [THE MAXI DRESS]


It's the last day of the five day challenge.

And things I've learned about maxi dresses this week?
  1. A maxi dress is two pieces in one. It's a dress, it's a skirt. AND there's not bulgy bits cutting your middle in half. Don't buy a maxi skirt when a whole dress will do both.
  2. Black is more forgiving. I can't say that I washed this dress every night like the last challenge. Did you notice? (Me neither.)
  3. The Challenge? I could wear this maxi dress all month because it goes with everything in my wardrobe. Don't dare me, I might just do it.
  4. The more basic the cut, the more versatile. Do I need to say anymore?
  5. There is nothing that doesn't go with black. Even navy blue and dark brown. I love to break the rules.
  6. You don't need a big wardrobe. Key items are more important. I really don't have many clothes, but what I have, I wear a LOT. Just goes to show that we can use all of our clothes more when we put some thought into it (not too much though otherwise it's hard work!)



Any other thoughts you might like to add? Now for those of you doing a 'behind the scenes' 5 day challenge, how did you go?

Do you have a maxi dress you can wear over and over again? Will you buy one this season?


Thanks for joining my second 5 day challenge! I have really enjoyed this one, and can't wait until the next one! Now, what to do next...?

Kymmie wears: MAXI DRESS, JayJays. TEE, JeansWest. BRACELET, made by Sammi. CUFF, Gift (thanks sis and Ria!). SCARF, Warren Glen Nursery Giftshop. FLATS, Target.

10 comments:

  1. That middle photo is great - you should frame it :)
    I've got a couple from summer that I will now wear with more confidence thanks to your masterclass!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kymmie, I SO love these Five Days, Five Ways posts - I am feeling SO drab at the moment and your posts are so inspiring and cheer-uppy. Now I just need to find the time to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want a maxi dress now!!

    Although I don't think Jay Jays caters to 'fat lumpy post mummy body' sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh go on...I dare you :)

    I've definitely had fun with my behind the scenes challenge, it's taught me that I can do with much less and still have a varied look, though I have to say trying to get things dry overnight is a tad touch and go.

    So what will it be next?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning as I was changing my wardrobe over from winter to spring/summer I thought of you, it went something like this.

    "Hmmm, I wonder what Kymmie's wardrobe looks like?
    I bet she has lots of fantastic pieces.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was really well organised.
    She has such great style.
    She's very clever the way she mixes, matches and layers.
    What a cool chick she is."

    Then I kept popping away the blacks and greys and bringing out the colour = yay!

    That having been said, I am tempted to jump in the car and scoot to Jay Jays for some maxi dress love.

    Thanks for always inspiring Lovely You!
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you look divine in aqua - a colour i wish i could wear! that maxi sure did get a work out and what amazing ways you can wear it! I think our fashion sense is very similar. Ahhh to be the sensible mother fashionista!
    b xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My current style is more 5 Days Same Way, so I'm going to have to join you in the next one of these.

    However, I have next to no fashion sense, so posting the photos may require me to drop my dignity levels a little.

    Can't wait to see you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love you and your fashionista ways Kymmie. I am totally serious, you could be a stylist!
    And I so believe you could rock that maxi dress for a month... and STILL smell great ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all 5 outfits - it also shows the huge change in our weather lately. Summer outfits one day, winter the next - craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is time for six items of less Kymmie. You know you want to... x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx