Sunday, September 18, 2011

5 DAYS 5 WAYS [THE MAXI DRESS]


I didn't mean to start another five day challenge so quickly after the last one, but with the warm spring weather we've been having, I wanted to wear this dress. And thought, why not wear it a lot this week?

Dress? You ask. It looks a lot like a skirt. But it's a maxi dress. And I'm going to try to make it different every day for the next five days.

This one was bought for $20 at JayJays. I have to say that when I walk into this store these days I know it's not marketed at my age group (and the fact that the website has a GIRLS' and guys' section surely doesn't help), but the well priced clothing still keeps me going there.







While I was taking these photographs yesterday, Madison wanted to join in. (We have a little bit of one-on-one fun while Daddy is away and Noah has his daytime sleep.)

He's such a cheeky boy. Everytime I set up the timer, he made sure he was nearby on his bike, or just in the vicinity to share with us his beautiful smile. Gosh, I love this lad.


It was such a sunshiney warm day that after Kids' Church, we packed a picnic and headed to a new park/playground. Because, is there anything better than discovering a new playground? I know lots of mums who don't like playgrounds, but this mum sure does! After all, what is better than having fun together, seeing your kids smiling, making the most of a beautiful day, getting out their 'wiggles', or pushing them on a swing? (And if there's time, I jump on the swing too.)

I did swap the wedges for thongs though ;)


How would you wear this dress? And how are you enjoying this beautiful sunshine?

Thanks for stopping by!

Kymmie wears: MAXI DRESS, JayJays. TOP, Witchery. WEDGES, Nine West. EARRINGS, Eb & Ive. BANGLES, (on right wrist), Equip, Diva. 

Madison wears: SHIRT, Cotton On Kids. SINGLET, Bonds. JEANS, Gumboots. SNEAKERS, Nike.

a day in the life of us