Wednesday, April 03, 2013

DISCOVERING THE CRAFT MARKET.





This weekend was the Easter craft markets at Port Fairy. Thousands of people gathered to see the best of organic food, baked goods, take away food, and beautiful hand made crafts.

We thought we'd take a peek seeing it was located just behind our beach cottage. It was such a lovely morning to meander through the stalls, meet up with old friends, smell freshly brewed coffee, and relish in seeing so many home made goodies. It was hard to just take a few momentos home, so we chose wisely: honey roasted cashews, a resin ring, and some macaroons (our favourite was the hot cross bun - perfect for Easter!). The boys really wanted a potato twist each, which turned out to be enough for all of us.

Next time I'll be sure to purchase a hand spun scarf, home-made jam, wood-fired sourdough, and some organic vegetables. My husband is looking forward to some fresh hot jam donuts.

Do you love craft markets?

10 comments:

  1. how good are those potato sticks, I feel in love with them at a market last year. yummo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mandy, those potato twists are the best! Next time I'm getting my own! Xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to a good craft market in ages, but I love them so much. I love chatting with the store holders too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leisa, trust me when I tell you this: This was a good one! I wish I had more money to spend up. So many wonderful things! X

      Delete
  3. A crafty market is just such a fun day out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bron, you would have loved this one. Fabulous craft market! X

      Delete
  4. I've never seen those potato twists before! How convenient it was to have it all happen so close to where you're living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, this craft market was literally at our back yard. The potato twists are worth finding. Trust me! X

      Delete
  5. Oh, those potato sticks look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really, really tasted good too! X

      Delete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx