Saturday, April 26, 2014

FANCY PANTS [BROWN VELVET]


In my teenage mind, brown corduroy was considered the ultimate daggiest of apparel from the worst fashion decade in the world - the 1970s. I mean, ewww, who wears brown corduroy?

Well, now that I can see the tragedies of eighties fashion, (and my teens are well and truly behind me) I can see many benefits:

  • There is lots of testosterone in my life. You know, boys: mess with dirt on it. Brown is the perfect cover up for sand, dirt, stones, bark, banana skins, old sandwiches... that sort of stuff.
  • Earth tones are the colours of Autumn. Just like those big, beautiful crunchy autumn leaves.
  • Corduroy is stretchy, comfy and oh so warm.
And finally, it's not really corduroy. Because when I googled it I discovered that corduroy is a textile composed of twisted fibers that, when woven lie to form the cloth's distinct pattern 'cord'. Corduroy is, in essence, a ridge form of velvet.

Hello brown ridged velvet; you rock my world.

Is there an item of clothing or material that you have always shied away from, but now adore? Do share!

Wearing: VELVET JACKET, Thrifted. SINGLET, Target. ASSYMETRICAL HEMMED SKIRT, Thrifted. NECKLACE, Gift (thanks Rachael!), RINGS, Personalised Jewellery for Mum. BELT, Sussan. WEDGES, Rivers. BAG, Eb & Ive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx