Sunday, July 24, 2011

fancy pants


Nothing like a five start experience to get all dressed up for. A French restaurant in east Melbourne, and it was divine!


I even took time to do my make up properly, even with a child asking questions about my make up routine, while the other took liberties in helping himself to lip gloss (what is it with his obsession with it?). All because a night out with the girls is a rare thing.

So, after I said goodbye to a screaming two year old, while the five year old happily waved mummy goodbye, while daddy said, 'quickly, just go', off I went.

And after I had listened to some ABC Classical music to unwind from the stress of my departure, I was relaxed enough to think, tonight is going to be great.

And it was. The three of us met at Embrasse at 7pm, and chatted through entree and main course up until 10:30pm, and then went to Brunetti's for dessert and chatted until after midnight. We squeezed in many more hours of conversation than the time, and I could tell we might have kept going except our cars would have been locked up in the carpark!

I don't mean to brag, but the company was pretty sensational. How blessed am I to have girls like that in my life?



Did you have an excuse to get dressed up this week? Or did you just get out of your trackies? Either is enough reason to join up for Fancy Pants!

Why don't you linky up your Fancy Pants post below (yes, you need to have a photo in an outfit!) and add a link back to me in your post. You can also include the button belowThen pop over to visit other bloggers who are dressing up this week.


Kymmie wears: DRESS, Ishka. PONTIE PANTS, Witchery. PONCHO, (I wish I could tell you, but there is no label on it, but it was such a bargain - purchased at a shop in Healesville!). BOOTIES, Miss Shop. RING, Diva ($3). EARRINGS, Equip ($3 for 3 pairs).


a day in the life of us


And see this gorgeous girl? She totally cracks me up!


9 comments:

  1. The poncho is to die for, Kymmie!!!! I super love it. And your lashes are also spectacular. I have short lashes and I envy girls with lashes so long they can kiss the eyebrows, just like yours. Lovely as always. xx

    Tey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've done Fancy Pants the last time and today, too, but couldn't link back on these two occasions. For some reason I couldn't do Step 4. Anyways, just lettin' you know that I hopped in ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Sounds like a great night out. Awesome to have great girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally gorgeous my friend!! Love it. Oh I so wish I'd had a chance to dress up this week .... one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look, leggings make any outfit complete in winter!! I'm living in my trackpants at the moment, I'd love to dress up and put some heels on!!

    :) Hazel
    http://hazellovesdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love night's out like that, sounds like you had a top time. GORGEOUS poncho, it suits you so well. Vibrant, wonderful colour. Your makeup looks beautiful too! You were definitely dressed for a good night out Kymmie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look STUNNING. That outfit is just made for a super-terrific night out with the girls. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you keep your skin so amazing? Share please! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sqqueeeeee! what a stunner you are!!

    so glad you had a great night out

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx