Wednesday, May 05, 2010

WARNING: NERD ALERT.

nerd also nurd (nûrd) n. Slang
A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.


Okay, I admit it.

I'm a Nerd.

I spend countless hours each day on the computer, and I love it. I do it for a living, I get paid to, and I don't even mind. If there's something new on the market, I want it. And I don't know care how long it takes, I'll learn how to use it. And it is a little obvious - I love Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, and have a blog.

There are those that hate changes in technology, and there are those that embrace it. I'm the latter.

Sometimes I forget I'm a nerd, and I go along in life thinking otherwise. But if I analyse it more closely, I have favourites when it comes to accounting software. The graphic design software I use has a major upgrade, and I get excited. Work updates my laptop, and I can't wait.

Well, today it was time to upgrade my mobile phone as its precedessor died a very quick and painless death on the weekend. Then I realised it was within my budget to upgrade to an iPhone.

You can imagine my delight.