Thursday, May 06, 2010

THE SANCTUARY OF SLEEPING.

Sleep n. A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. During sleep the brain in humans and other mammals undergoes a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.


Perhaps it's because I've spent the last 10 months not sleeping much, that when I step inside my bedroom, I melt.

It might be sheer exhaustion, or it could be that I just love my bedroom that much. I might be biased, but I think it's gorgeous. Butter cream walls, a sunny yellow ceiling, white ceiling rose, pale green cornices and lush burgundy carpet. It's a Victorian dream come true.

I climb into bed most nights muttering the words, I love bed, I love bed... just before drifting into a deep sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you!!! I too LOVE my bed, if only I could spend more time in it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx