Monday, May 10, 2010

NEEDING A NAUGHTY SPOT. FOR ME.

Time out: n. a pause from doing something (as work); respite, break, recess, pause - temporary inactivity.


Forget about the kids. I need a naughty spot. A place for time out.

It seems for an extravert, I sure do love my own company. In fact, as I get older I seem to want it more and more.

Time alone to think... (sigh).

When the boys both go down for their afternoon sleep, days seem to run more smoothly as a result of that hour or two of complete peace and quiet. Then I can gather my thoughts, work quietly and refocus on what needs to be done for the rest of the day, or even the week. I might even have the opportunity to plan further ahead than that.

Or, it could be like today where I was lucky to have half an hour 'child-free' before I discovered that my 3 year old had snuck out of his bedroom to draw on my bedroom doona cover and pillows.

As you can imagine, the day went down hill from there.

Quality Kym Time... (sigh). It's bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I think you enjoy your own company more because you rarely have time by yourself!! I love silence as well, it is soooo under-rated! Yep, the doona drawing definately takes away from the peace of the day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx