Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE REAL DEAL: BONDING WITH FRIENDS OVER A CUPPA.

friend n. 1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. 2. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.


If there's one thing I've learnt while being a mum to young children is that you're at your most vulnerable, most tiring, most busy, and most emotional time in your life.

And one thing I love is that I have fantastic friends. Friends who can be honest, and friends who I can be honest with. As much as we all love our children to bits, we're able to share our innermost feelings and fears while sitting in each other's messed-up-by-children houses.

And cry. And laugh.

Over a cuppa.

We put on our happy faces, but here were know it's okay if we don't want to.

I love that.

Because it's real.

2 comments:

  1. I'm great! I just love to have honest friends who say it's okay if you're NOT okay.

    Isn't it the best?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx