Thursday, May 20, 2010

LIFE IS LOVED. RIGHT?

alive (adj.) Having life; living.


It's kind of assumed that because we're living life, that we love it.

But it's not necessarily so. There are so many people in this world who simply survive. They are mechanical about their day-to-day life. Some suffer from physical disabilities, or mental ones, they live in the past, or it's simply hard to function because of what life has dealt out. And for some, life is just plain hideous.

I know I have a charmed life. A home over my head, a family to love (and who loves me). An abundance of beautiful friends. And although I am just like everyone else who can get caught up with the mundane routine, today was a day to simply appreciate life.

You see, I went to a funeral this morning. And we celebrated and talked about this amazing woman's life. And apart from the fact, that she seemed to squeeze a lot in her 90-year life, so many kind words and recognition was shared in her honour today. It was such a shame she didn't get to hear the beautiful words said, or how her family will feel her loss so terribly.

I'm not saying that she wasn't appreciated when she was alive, I just wonder if we tell those we love, exactly how we feel.

Often.

After the funeral, I took the boys grocery shopping then home for some quiet time. But instead of rushing to sit at my computer to work, I spent time with my boys instead. We baked, we cuddled, and we just appreciated each other.

I got off the merry-go-round for a moment and just loved the little miracles that are alive with me.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Kymmie, this is something that's always on my mind. Enjoy life and the present :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely and important post. It's vital that we show our loved ones how appreciated they are while they're with us. You'd never want to be left wondering, now would you?

    Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder: it's easy to get so caught up in life's problems that you forget to enjoy the everyday good times x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx