Friday, May 21, 2010

THE IDEA OF READING.

pastime: n. An activity that occupies one's spare time pleasantly.


I love reading.

But let's face facts. The last time I read something substantial was months ago.

So instead I love the idea of reading.

You know, curling up on the sofa in loungewear with a book, wide awake, looking around a clean home while the children sleep peacefully.

Well... one can dream.

The reality is when I finally settle down to a book, it's so late, and I just can't seem to keep my eyes open.

A few posts back I talked about how much I loved Quality Kym Time, which may have alluded to having time to do a little book lounging. The truth is the last time it was spent in a leisurely way would have been back in the days of just one child under 2.

And what makes matters worse is that the books keep accumulating. Gifts. Loans. And because I want to read every one of them, they lie around the house in little piles. Just hoping to be read some time.

I counted all the book piles tonight, and have 17 half-read or unread books.

That's a little overwhelming.

But I am encouraged by the fact that someday in the near future, there might come a time when I can be awake long enough to enjoy a chapter or two...