Tuesday, January 11, 2011

how healthy is your blogging habit?


I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but I love blogging. Not only writing and journalling, but I love reading your posts, considering your perspective and writing style, responding with my thoughts, and reading other's comments. To me, apart from reading, this is the most immediate hub in which I learn, which I absorb, and which I am challenged.

You see, when I started this whole thing, I could take it or leave it. But as I become more familiar with you and your thoughts, I'm a little more interested that I use to be. And I confess it's a conscious effort not to hop over to my blogger dashboard for blog updates and have a read. Especially when I am preparing dinner, spending time with my kids or working on that production deadline. I pace myself, but sometimes I think I'm bordering on an addiction.

Now, most who know me would say I was a bit of a control freak. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't drink coffee. In fact, I run a mile from anything that could be slightly bad for me or addictive. But this... this has got me by the brain, by my maternal bits, my social side. And I can't shake it.

But I'm curious and have been wanting to ask you for ages... what does your family think of your blog*? What do they think about you blogging? Do they read it? Does your partner grumble when you jump onto your computer to check your messages, or your blog roll? Does it add more to your life? Does it take away from your family? Have you ever been accused of being addicted to blogging?

How do you keep it all in balance?

* insert facebook, twitter, websurfing, youtubing or your technical addiction here.