Saturday, January 29, 2011

this saturday i'm grateful for... shirts off sundays


Living in the land of the chronic fatigued (that's me) has changed the way we do our Saturdays. Gone is just one day that is a slower pace. Each day has resembled the same kind of chilled vibe lately.

This week I'm grateful for...

  1. Shirts Off Sundays. I've been giggling over the way the little lads want to be just like their Daddy. And whenever Hubby has been out in the garden, M has come in to take his shirt off all the while exclaiming, "Daddy has his shirt off!" And little N, wants to be just like big brother, so off his goes too. And above is what I have to put up with. Hilarious.
  2. Love in a dish. I've been overwhelmed by beautiful friends sending messages of love and bringing over food this week. How gorgeous are people like Jodi who brings potato cakes (demolished in a few moments), Leeann and Ilara with their bean and scone casserole (oh my!) and Leanne's straganoff and rice (seconds please!). I'm feeling the love and thank you from the bottom of my exhausted heart (and full tummy).
  3. Full house. I confess I've been a little tired of hearing "When is L going to be here?" "When does K get off her plane?" But I know it's coming from a good place. One particular boy is excited about his big sisters getting here. And thankfully, one arrived from Katherine, NT yesterday, while the biggest sister arrives from Europe tomorrow (as you do). It's a full house here this weekend. And it seems I'm not the only one who's excited.

Happy Grateful Day.