Friday, May 31, 2013

CASTLEMAINE IN AUTUMN.


The colours of autumn. Aren't they something? Some towns do it better than others, and I think Castlemaine does it the best. Located in central Victoria, the historic mining town is full of gorgeous cafes and boho boutiques. This place is a must visit next time you're looking for a country drive on the weekend.

I've had the pleasure of visiting Castlemaine twice in the past two weeks. The orange and golds of the leaves left me breathless when I first drove in. The chill in the air complimented the warm glow from the sunshine. Because my first visit was child-free, I enjoyed a rustic minestrone from Origini and one of the best clothes experiences I've had for a long time.

The second visit was with my family and a good friend. For a whole weekend. We spent Saturday outdoors, a typical Autumn Castlemaine day - a fresh morning, complete with sunshine. The afternoon was spent at Vaughan Springs, and Garfield Water Wheel. The view was so photogenic, my memory card was full in less than two hours.

I can't wait for my next visit.

Have you been to Castlemaine before? Where is your favourite autumn town?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx