Tuesday, October 05, 2010

REASONS WHY WINTER IS THE BEST FASHION SEASON.


It's spring (finally) in Melbourne. Warmth is the air and the boys and I have been taking note of all the new growth. The new leaves on our big oak trees, the purple lavender, and how beautiful and green our garden is after all the recent rain.

The warm winter clothes have been put away - most of Noah's will be given away or returned to their rightful owner/s (sniff, sniff) while Madison's will be kept for Noah.

But I feel sad. Even though I welcome the warm weather with open arms, I love the layers of winter. Scarves, beanies and cute jackets for the boys. Boots, ponchos, crocheted hats and big pretty coats for me. I love all the options. Perhaps it's because I have boys, but I can play around with more and there are more statements that you can make when the weather is cold and one can rug up. (The photos even seem cuter!)

Of course, it wouldn't be me if there wasn't an upside to warmer weather... how I love to wash less clothes!

Noah wears:
CORD JACKET, Pumpkin Patch (on loan).
JEANS, Pumpkin Patch.
SHOES, Blue Farm. 

Madison wears:
TSHIRT, Cotton On.
JEANS, Pumpkin Patch.
DUFFLE COAT, made with love by Aunty Glenda (pre-loved and on loan).
SCARF, Target.
SHOES, Walnut Melbourne.

What is your favourite fashion season?

3 comments:

  1. I love jeans and beanies and long boots too (for me). Unfortunately we don't have much of a winter here in Perth to play with real winter clothes. I love visiting Melb in winter to really rug up and wear my Melb coats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soo cute.
    i love jeans & beanies.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish today's kiddie fashions had been around when my 4 were little. Kids clothes these days are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx