Saturday, October 09, 2010

this saturday i'm grateful for... birthdays that are celebrated longer than a day


Saturdays are the days where our household comes to a grinding halt. (Except sleeping and eating, perhaps). And because it's the last day of the week, I often reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. Extended birthdays. Last week it was my birthday, but this week the celebrations continued including a surprise visit from my Dad, gifts (and flowers) from three beautiful friends, and (finally) the chance to spend a little birthday money. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy. A new purse and bag for me (thanks Mum).
  2. Magic tricks. A trip to the circus is fun for the kids - even the big ones.
  3. Food club. What's not to like about this combo? Sleeping children, seven gorgeous friends, fresh spring recipes and a night in.
  4. Frequent new visitors/friends/connections to my blog. Is it too much to say that it makes my day? And who doesn't love a bit of love?
This Saturday I'm Grateful For... is inspired by Maxabella Loves... 

4 comments:

  1. Read your post this morning while eating muesli and drinking coffee.

    NOW INSPIRED TO DRAW UP MY OWN LIST :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food club - that sounds interesting! We are yet to take the kids to the circus, I think maybe the next time one is in town, we'll have to make the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Birthdays and the circus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Back in the day I used to have a 'birthday month'. Since having the tsunamis, I've selflessly cut it back to a birthday week. I love 'em!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx