Friday, October 22, 2010

the new 'do. what do you think?

 
 
 

Blogging is so good. For many reasons.

First of all, topics of all sorts are addressed, discussed, and considered. Like last weeks' blog entry here about my boy Madison's long hair and him being mistaken continuously for a girl.

I'd been thinking about what to do about this situation for some time. Then I blogged about it, which got me thinking more, and after all your lovely comments, I made up my mind: it had to go.

So, yesterday, off we went after a super relaxing day with five children buzzing around my home and an old, old friend. We discussed her son's hair too and decided to make a last minute phone call to the hairdressers for the abovementioned shear. I gulped as this was a big step, and I was a little nervous. Firstly, because the decision was a hasty, and hubby was in Perth. He was going to hate it.

And we hadn't even cut his son's hair yet.

Voila, here is the result. It's shorter than I thought it would end up being - especially at the back. There are no waves to speak of, and now Madison's elfin features are even more on display. I suspect he now looks like a girl with short hair. And his little brother now has longer hair than him.

As soon as it was done two of my friends like it immediately. I confess that I'm still getting use to it (after all, he's always had long hair).

And I'm dreading when hubby gets home today...

3 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I love how it makes him look like a little boy, not so much like a toddler and how I can see his beautiful face.
    Good luck with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I love it! He looks very stylish & has such funky style. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe I am going to admit this, but I liked it long!! So not me to like it long! LOL!!!! He still looks adorable but I just can't get into the current trend for boys hair fashion and he certainly looks trendy now! Good luck with Steve!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx