Saturday, October 30, 2010

this saturday i'm grateful for... sleeping like a baby, whatever that means


Saturdays are the days where our household comes to a grinding halt. (Except sleeping and eating, perhaps). And because it's the last day of the week, I often reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. Working like a man and sleeping like a baby. Renovating makes me oh, so very awfully tired. But what I love is that I'm so tired at the end of the day, I sleep like a, er... baby. (Just quietly, once I actually had a baby, I wasn't sure what the saying meant anymore. Did it mean that you slept well, or didn't? Sorry, I'm digressing.) What I do know is that for three nights this week I was out like a light and don't remember anything until it was morning. (Thank you little lads for sleeping too.) I'm even feeling quite perky right now. And yes. That is paint on my face.
  2. Ticking all the boxes. How good is it to look back at all your hard work and sigh? A good sigh, of course. The back extension finished (tick). The picket fence painted (tick). The picket fence up (tick).
  3. And while I'm ticking off lists... the house we live in is finally clean. For any poor soul visiting our place before yesterday, I affectionately called our place The House of Feral. But now it smells nice. And it might even stay that way for another day now that we're finished renovating (for now anyway).
This Saturday I'm Grateful For... is inspired by Maxabella Loves... and you're welcome to join in too (Maxabella and I would love that)!


6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what it means, either. But I do know that lots of hard work and a relax at the end of the day makes for the most restful, divine sleep ever. Glad you're getting some!

    I love that photo of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep like that is bliss, and there is nothing like hard work to make it a reality! Enjoy your sleep and your clean house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, but oh I am so jealous - I wish my house was finally clean...but I will get there one day :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i am a little jealous too! sleep is something we are all getting very little of lately...

    Loving the picket fence but even more wonderful is the fact that you have been able to tick off so many of your boxes, this is the BEST feeling ever...hope it leads you to another great sleep tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your blog!

    Blessings,


    Ava
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx