Saturday, October 16, 2010

this saturday i'm grateful for... things i already have


Saturdays are the days where our household comes to a grinding halt. (Except sleeping and eating, perhaps). And because it's the last day of the week, I often reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. Dinner made by someone else. When my step-daughter Leah offers to make dinner, I never say no. She loves cooking and loves to experiment. And pictured above is what she made on Tuesday night: creamy chicken, spring onion and sun-dried tomato fettucine. I was so grateful I didn't even think too hard about a meat I choose not to eat often, and all the real cream it had in it. Was delicious. All because I didn't have to make it.
  2. Parcels dropped off by a courier. It was like an early Christmas present when my Master Plan Diary arrived this week after ordering it online. There's nothing that makes a statement more than a bright red diary. And although I have an iPhone with my Outlook calendar synced to it, nothing beats a paper one. Especially one that has spaces for every member of the family, a special spot for birthdays, and a dinner planner.
  3. Speaking of diaries... my very first Master Plan Diary (a gift given to me by one of my oldest and dearest friends) was misplaced earlier this year while we were on a boat hunt. I was devastated and re-traced my footsteps everywhere. It was weeks until I finally decided to purchase another. Well, guess what? This week, this diary came home complete with everything still in tact. The wedding card we never did send. And a full body voucher I thought I'd never have. So, guess where I'm heading next week?
  4. Great job offers. A couple of weeks back I was offered a really great job. It made me feel worthwhile, special and honoured. This week, I turned it down. The reason? Because I really love the job I already have, plus it gives me time to be with my little lads who will be at school so soon. I know something else amazing will come up later. I have no regrets.
For more lovely Gratefuls, pop over to Maxabella Loves... 

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list of things to be grateful for.
    How about your diary finding its way home, that's amazing!
    I loved to read about the choice you made with your job, you really are a girl with her head and heart in a great space.

    Have a terrific weekend,

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. dinner made by someone else....yes, it is a wonderful thing isn't it?

    loved to hear about your job decision...this must have been hard but it sounds like you are comfortable with your choice...good on you!

    gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice gratefuls and I can totally relate to #1 + #2 Food always tastes so much nice when you haven't slaved over it :-) Leah's dish looks very tatsy! And we just LOVE getting parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Parcels make me so happy and what wonderful karma that your diary came back in one piece with lovely little treats inside for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet having the diary return to you was like having your arm re-attached! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done with #4 being true to yourself. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being able to turn down a really great job shows just how much you love your current one. What a great way to be!!

    Thanks for linking up today. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your grateful list - do you mind if I do the same on my blog (with a respectful link to yours, of course)?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx