Friday, October 08, 2010

the wonders of window shopping

 | image |

It might seem weird to many, but I love to window shop.

No. Not actually spend money. Just visit a shopping centre while it's closed and just look at the windows. Dream about wearing those clothes and then leaving.

It's way cheaper than spending money. I've dreamed the dream, walked away, and I'm actually pretty satisfied. (And my credit card thanks me.)

Meanwhile the world has made some changes thanks to the world wide web. And now I'm a mum, I don't need to bustle two active boys into the car, pull out the pram, and drag them around a shopping centre kicking and screaming. That's not my bag, Baby.

Instead I'm on The Mailing List.

And I can window shop all I like in the comfort of my office chair and laptop. Even for the kids.

The trouble is resisting to go to the checkout. But more about that later...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I totally agree Kym! That is what my blog is all about, a place where I can dream and not spend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx