Saturday, October 23, 2010

this saturday i'm grateful for... sunshine, spring cleaning and no night nappies


Saturdays are the days where our household comes to a grinding halt. (Except sleeping and eating, perhaps). And because it's the last day of the week, I often reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. A burst of spring. Although we've had a Blink And Miss It spring so far, it seems that it might actually decide to stay from here on in (and yes, I'm ignoring last night's rain - total denial). Although I feel much happier with sunshine and outdoor days, I will be sad to put away those cute little hooded dressing gowns for my boys.
  2. Spring cleaning. What is it with a day of sunshine that makes me want to wash every piece of linen in the house and place every pillow and doona out on the line to air?
  3. Farewell night nappies. Another milestone in our home this week: Madison doesn't need you anymore.
This Saturday I'm Grateful For... is inspired by Maxabella Loves... 

10 comments:

  1. Spring cleaning, I have a lot of things on my list but so many more interesting things to do. My son has a friend over and they just made a magic potion with things from the cupboard. So then I had to wipe the cupboard clean. One less cupboard to do this spring but many more to go. Now I am secretly watching them in the garden so they don't kill my plants, grr One bird of paradise flower has gone to heaven. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring cleaning, is just wahat i did this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes - am in total denial of melbournes weather today!!! come on spring!!! thanks for stopping past my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we did some spring cleaning around our house today too! the sunshine was out and we took advantage of it. We worked hard - feeling good after all our efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for big girls who don't need night nappies anymore!

    I bet your home smells and feels lovely with all of your spring-cleaning efforts.

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I look forward to no more night nappies!
    Ha, just saw that my word verification is urinish...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word verifications are so funny - that was quite suitable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. spring is definitely in the air in our neck of the woods - and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for Spring Cleany weather... so far, so no! This year I am very behind.

    Yay for the night nappy discard. That's a milestone worth celebrating for sure. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx