Monday, June 11, 2012

5 DAYS 5 WAYS [RED JEANS]


So, here we are on Day One of the Five Day Five Way challenge for... red jeans!

I bought these jeans on a whim. They were cheap and I had already succumbed to the idea of hardly ever wearing them. Mostly, because they were Fire Engine Red. But then I thought, why not wear them to death? Get my $39 dollars' worth? Especially seeing they will most likely be around for only a few seasons.



So, I looked around. I found red jeans on Pinterest. I visited YouTube. The best advice I received was by this lovely Californian girl Tiffany Hendra who has a style series on YouTube called Sanctuary of Style (you can visit her how to rock red jeans post here). I love her! Not only is she stylish, she has married into the best family ever! (*waves* Hi Ella, Russ, Aaron and Benny!). I've clung to the advice: "Wear them like you would regular blue denim jeans". I know, amazing right? As soon as you open that window (because hey, what doesn't go with jeans?), the possibilities are endless!


Because I'm Buying Nothing New (BNN) this year, I decided to shop my own wardrobe and wear them. And wear them. And again, wear them.


Today, I'm going hippie poncho and warm booties. Because it's freezing outside. And this poncho is the next thing to wearing a one of those Snuggies (of course, much more classy!) Now, I'm ready to face anything that Melbourne winter has to give me.

So tell me... do you have red skinnies that you hardly wear? Will you try and wear them like regular blue denim jeans?

More red jeans looks here and here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Kymmie wears: SKINNY JEANS, Caroline Morgan. TUNIC, Witchery. PONCHO, a hippy shop in St Kilda. BOOTIES, Miss Shop. EARRINGS, Target.



a day in the life of us

5 comments:

  1. I have $39 red skinnies too! I love them so much but I don't wear them nearly as often as my trusty dark denim skinnies. I love that you're not buying anything new - what a great way to save some money! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your red legs, Kymmie! I'd never have thought of such a colour but it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could carry off fire engine red jeans, Kymmie!

    Is that a slight change in hair do I detect?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo love love LOVE the red jeans on you Kymmie. The whole outfit is very cool. Also love your hairstyle, the fringe is very funky.
    I do have red jeans, that were also quite cheap and I LOVE wearing them. The only thing I find tricky are the colours to go with them. I tend to stick to either black, white or navy... so I'm loving this light brown poncho. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for them this week xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love your red jeans and all of the different outfits you have put together to wear with them. Totally gorgeous!! I have red skinnies on my wish list and hope I can look half as good in mine as you do. Love all of your outfits xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx