Wednesday, June 15, 2011

a day in the life of June


You know those days where everything goes according to plan?

Well, today was not one of those days. I woke up to a 2 year old wimpering by my bed. Apparently he had filled his nappy and then couldn't move for fear it would go everywhere.

And just when I thought that he was being thoughtful, it was already too late.

So, the next hour and a half was spend cleaning the floors/carpets from his bedroom to my bedroom, and then making my house smell like Dettol. On the up side (yes, you know I will find a silver lining in there because I'm your resident Pollyanna), my house is now super clean and smells nice too. And it's only Wednesday. Usually I reserve that sort of cleaning for... er, never. (But Friday is usually my cleaning day.) And if I'm honest, my weekly cleans are not that thorough.

Poo will do that to you.

As a result, I didn't go to the gym. And then tonight the iron died halfway through my massive catch up session. Then again, I did spend some time with one excited girl who drove up to Mt Buller today for the snow season.

Oh, and back to that nappy... warning to all parents: you can give your children too much corn on the cob for dinner.

Thanks for stopping by!