Sunday, June 26, 2011

a day in the life of June


Is there anything better than feeling all relaxed and getting cuddles from your most favourite people in the whole wide world?

Perhaps it's been a new realisation, or since having kids, but I have to be in the mood.

You know: all rested, relaxed, and not with a care in the world to fully appreciate a cuddle or looking at your child in the best light. I'm not saying I don't appreciate it when I'm not all relaxed. I just enjoy it so much more.

That was my yesterday. The boys slept (well, one did anyway), but by the time I had my nanna nap, the one who was lying quietly in my bedroom was ready for a cuddle. And lots of cuddles we had.

It was awesome. And I got to adore that beautiful skin, those long eyelashes and pools of dark brown chocolate that is his eyes, and that oh so yummy smile. Those giggles, yes, those giggles.

And then the toddler woke up. It was double the fun.

Do you need to be in a particular mood to enjoy your children, or do you appreciate every cuddly moment?

Thanks for stopping by.